What's New in Angular13? The Best Ten features of Angular13
Angular has had a major influence on the selection of frameworks for corporate business applications, with firms ranging from start-ups to large corporations using it. However, given the fierce competition between Angular and similar frameworks, how Angular has secured the top spot in enterprise application development makes for an intriguing read.
This post is for you if you are not yet familiar with what Angular 13 features. So, let's have a look at what's new in this version.
Features of Angular 13 at a Glance
Angular 13 was officially released on Nov 3, 2021. Here are some of its features at a glance:
- Build-cache improvement by 70%
- Improvement in the error message
- Improved APF – faster execution
- Easier directives disabling100% Ivy
- Improved localization API
- No IE11 support
- Validators like min, max, and min
- Angular TestBed improvement
- TypeScript >=4.4.x
What’s New in Angular 13
The update View engine is not accessible in Angular v13, and the framework is now 100% IVY. These Ivy-based capabilities will help to speed up compilation and boost platform efficiency.
Component API Update
Component API update allows the components can be created dynamically. Ivy was created with the goal of making life better for Angular Developers.
Prior to the release of Angular 13, developers had to use boilerplate code to generate components; however, with this upgrade, they can now do it dynamically and with less effort.
No More Angular Support - IE11 (Internet Explorer)
By removing support for Internet Explorer 11, Angular has made progress towards its development. By eliminating this support, Angular can use native web APIs to make use of Modern browser features like web animations and CSS elements. These enhanced APIs can help Angular Developer progress to the next level by providing a better experience for users and quick loading.
RxJS 7.4 has become the standard for the app’s built-in using ng new, which is one of the major changes and additions in Angular 13. However, current RxJS v6.x apps will have to be manually upgraded with npm install firstname.lastname@example.org to take full advantage of this feature.
The APF (Angular Package Format) has been optimized to provide better performance and functionality as a result of this improvement. Angular has abolished outdated output formats in order to achieve the best results.
Furthermore, the standardization process for JS formats such as ES2020 has begun. For example, in order to generate libraries for the current version of AFP, ngcc was previously required. However, that requirement has been removed with this version.
Effective CI Interface
Angular's ubiquitous command-line interface (CLI) is undoubtedly the most important element in its success. By automating critical operations like initialization and configuration, Angular's CLI helps to streamline the overall development process with simple commands. The Angular CLI makes it easier for developers to make room for new components by assisting them in locating the appropriate folder for the upgrade and the appropriate module to integrate the component.
Anything we build, both inside and beyond the Angular community, is predicated on accessibility (a11y). All MDC-based features, such as ARIA, Touch targets, and contrasts, have been tested to meet the required bars of a11y in the newest release for further advancements. Some of the changes include better usage of checkboxes, radio buttons, and high contrast modes.
Improvement on Angular Dependency
The dependency injection feature of Angular increases the legibility of the developer's code, making administration and iterations easier. This is especially beneficial for large-scale enterprise systems, as it significantly reduces testing time and development expenses.
Better Debugging and Test Timings
The testbed has been improved to the point where it can now take down the latest modules at the end of every test. It may also result in a cleaner and quicker DOM after every test has been compiled. These substantial features were first introduced in Angular 12, but they have now been set default.
Angular 13 Performance
To get Angular 13, developers can execute ng upgrade in their applications. The modifications are listed in the Angular 13 release notes and a bulletin introducing the final release:
- Support for TypeScript 4.4 has been introduced; versions older than TypeScript 4.4.2 are no more available in the core.
- Because Angular packages use the Node.js module exports feature with subpath structures, Node.js versions older than v12.20 are not supported.
- The ability to "create cache by default" has enhanced builds.
- The Angular Package Format 13 replaces View Engine-specific code in modules. The APF has been upgraded and streamlined.
- In the ng package, you can set custom requirements.
- When new navigation terminates existing navigation, the router no more updates the browser URL. This resulted in URL flicker and was only used to enable some AngularJS hybrid apps.
- @angular/core no longer supports the wrappedValue class, which could cause build problems or runtime issues if libraries that use wrappedValue are used.
- The behaviour of the RouterTestingModule's SpyLocation has been adjusted to match the behaviour of browsers.
- Pure reflections are being introduced to stationary property initializers for the core. Module evaluation can have negative goods from class attributes with initializers that induce law prosecution, similar to the effect of module position law. As a result, optimizers can not safely exclude a class with such a stationary property because it can have unintended consequences.
The new Angular 13 also provides some additional support features such as:
- Support for autocomplete string literal union kinds in themes would be provided for the language service.
- Missing outlet events for the router is added to RouterOutletContract. When components are presented dynamically using module federation in the long term, this will be required.
The Angular team is always trying to stay up to date on the current needs and challenges of the Angular community, and they try to solve them in their next release. The IVY is included in this update to keep current with modern web standards.
Every six months, the angular team ensures that a new version upgrade is released. On May 12th, Angular 12 was released. Angular v13 is now out, with a slew of new features and enhancements. Try out Angular 13 with the help of IVY. It's time to upgrade from Angular 12 to Angular 13 if you're using an older version to create fantastic apps that comply with new web standards.
You can also use our Angular upgrade service to quickly upgrade an existing project to the most recent version.
More angular topic:
- Angular Development Best Practices To Follow
- Angular 13 new features
- Angular 12 new features
- Angular 11 new features and key notes
- Angular 10 new features and key notes
- Reactjs vs Angular
- How to Implement Okta Authentication in Angular
- How to Integrate Identity Server to Angular Application
- How to Implement JWT Authentication using Asp.net Core and Angular 8 – PART 1
- How to Implement JWT Authentication using Asp.net Core and Angular 8 – PART 2
- Best AngularJS Development Company in India